Is it a good time to buy property in Quillan France?
It certainly seems like a great time to buy in Quillan from a sellers(my) point of view.
Why is it a good time to buy in Quillan you ask?
- Because property prices in Quillan France offer unbelievable value
- Brexit has caused a drop in Quillan property sales to Brits for the past few years while they play "Brexit wait and see"
- Brexit Wait and See ends in March 2019
- Interst rates are low
- UK buyers can still secure a French morgage (before Brexit)
- Brexit has slowed selling and dropped prices
- Quillan has seen major investment in tourist facilites:-Lakes, Castle Restoration work, Karl Marx Square etc etc
- France in genearal is seeing a increase in propery prices due to demand
- Quillan town is withing an hours drive of Carcassonne and Perpignan airports
There are of course provios to consider.
Quillan has lots to offer as a popular destination for outdoor activities and adventure sports. The town has its own activiy centre "La forge" to cater for outdoor activity enthusiasts.
Some of the activies available are mountain bike riding, rock climbing, white-water rafting, kayaking, canoueing, river fishing, lake fishing, hiking, archery, orienteering, potholing,tree adventure park . The activities are all made possible
by the Aude river which flows through town and the scenic Gorges de l'Aude close-by and of course the towns location in the foothills of the Pyreness mountains. Quillan is also within easy reach the French cities of Carcassonne, Perpignan and Toulouse and of the cathar castles at Peyrepertuse and Queribus, Puivert, Arques
and some beautiful French villages like Camon.
If you are thinking of buying in Quillan should you use an estate agent or not? Is there an alternative?
While it can be cheaper to by pass estate agents and buy direct its not allways the best option really depends how much time you have in Quillan to house hunt and if you speak French.
If your time is limited you can surf the net and find properties of interest then arrange to view often just using one or two estate agents. Agents will usually be able to help you setup the household bills in your name and put in touch with builders in the area.